Before considering the purchase of an air purifier, there are many things that can be done to reduce air pollution within the home. Things such as, no smoking in the house and vacuuming more often, cut back on the use of candles and clean filters after each use. Along with the expense of a air purifier, there is also the amount it will cost to operate it year round. This will depend on the style of purifier that is purchased, however the average annual cost is between $125 to $300, for filter replacements and electric costs.
The Top Five Air Purifiers on the Market Today
1. Health Pro Plus Air Purifier, average cost – $899.00
2. Winix WAC5500 Plasma Wave HEPA Air Purifier, average cost – $199.00
3. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, Plasma Wave and Odor Reducing Washable AOC Carbon Filter, average cost – $157.99
4. Whirlpool Whispure 510 Air Purifier, average cost – $284.00
5. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier, average cost – $499.95
These are just a few of the top rated air purifiers on the market, there are thousands of different models available. If interested in a guide, on which air purifier is right for you and why, visit www.consumerreports.org. They provide a complete buying guide, and offer detailed comparisons on most models.