Before considering the purchase of an air purifier, there are many things that can be done to reduce air pollution within the home. Things such as, no smoking in the house and vacuuming more often, cut back on the use of candles and clean filters after each use. Along with the expense of a air purifier, there is also the amount it will cost to operate it year round. This will depend on the style of purifier that is purchased, however the average annual cost is between $125 to $300, for filter replacements and electric costs.
The Top Five Air Purifiers on the Market Today
1. Health Pro Plus Air Purifier, average cost – $899.00
2. Winix WAC5500 Plasma Wave HEPA Air Purifier, average cost – $199.00
3. Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier with True HEPA, Plasma Wave and Odor Reducing Washable AOC Carbon Filter, average cost – $157.99
4. Whirlpool Whispure 510 Air Purifier, average cost – $284.00
5. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier, average cost – $499.95
• We do not know the long term affects of most airborne pollutants.
• Only 20,500 out of 82,000 chemicals in use today have been tested for long term affects on humans.
• Statistically the air in our homes can be up to 100 times more polluted, than the air outside.
• If there is an infant in the house, it is crucial to prevent any harmful chemical exposure.
• To tame the effects of asthma and allergies.
• If anyone has a compromised immune system, they are more likely to be affected by airborne viruses.
• If you or others smoke or have pets